CONSULTANCY TO SUPPORT GREAT LAKES INITIATIVE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND DEVELOPMENT (GLIHD) WITH CONDUCTING DATA ANALYSIS FOR RAPID ASSESSMENT ON WOMEN AND YOUNG GIRLS IN CONFLICT WITH THE LAW;ABORTION AND INFANTICIDE.
|Duty Station:||12 intermediate courts(Nyarugenge,Gasabo,Muhanga,Huye,Nyamagabe,Rusizi,Karongi,Rubavu,Musanze and Gicumbi)|
|Application Deadline:||June 7th, 2018|
|Type of Contract:||Consultancy Service Contract|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||5 Days|
Great Lakes Initiative for Human Rights and Development is national non-governmental, human rights based and public interest organization registered and operating in Rwanda. It was set up to contribute to the Respect, Promotion and Fulfillment of Human rights of individuals and groups in line with International Human Rights framework and obligations of member states hinging on areas of Legal Aid, Human Rights Awareness, Social justice, Social activism and Research. In carrying out its activities, among other things, GLIHD does evidence based advocacy with the intention to change laws or policies that affect the enjoyment and realization of human rights guaranteed by international and regional human rights instruments signed and ratified by Rwanda.
This time round GLIHD wishes to conduct a research on women and young girls in conflict with the law; abortion and infanticide in Rwanda;
- To determine the level of knowledge of women and young girls towards the law.
- To put out women and young girls who have gone under justice.
- Raising awareness’ to the new reviewed penal code
- To know how many went to court, prosecution and those who were released by police.
- To diffiaciate between abortion and infanticide crimes.
- To raise Awareness of the international sources of law if they are being used.
- To know the factors they consider in the revised penal code.
Scope of work/Duties and responsibilities.
Under the overall guidance of GLIHD’s Executive Director and direct supervision of the GLIHD’s Program Manager with the support of the GLIHD’s entire team the consultant will perform the following tasks;
- Provide technical support to GLIHD during the data gathering and research analysis phase.
- To provide advice and guidance on suitable monitoring and evaluation methods throughout the research process.
- Provision of advice on all the GLIHD matters regarding research.
- Any other relevant assistance leading to fulfillment of the research.`
- Desk review of available material (GHILD’s advocacy baseline and safe and legal abortion and infanticide baseline, studies and analyses of existing reports, baselines, research, evaluations, and other relevant documents, as well as other legal and policy documents).
- Preparation of a clear methodology to capture baseline data including but not limited to questionnaires and checklists for focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Meetings and consultations with relevant GHILD staff
- Consultations when needed with other relevant actors
Skills and competencies required by consultant
The consultant should have a master’s degree in human rights, law more preferably with the knowledge of women and health reproductive rights;
The consultant should have an office easily accessible located in any convenient place and a secretariat open on working days;
Ability to produce concise and analytical reports.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English written and verbal communications skills. Proficiency in French is an asset.
- The interested applicants must also show proof of being tax compliant and be able to provide EMB receipts for the payment
Any interested applicants (firm, NGO or individual consultants) who fulfill the requirements set here-in should present their expression of interest letter, detailed CV/capability profile, together with 3 copies (1original and 2 copies) of technical (with detailed methodology) and financial offers
Duration of the assignment
The duration of the consultancy will take a period of 14 days from day of signing the contract. It is anticipated that the work will commence on 11th June 2018 to the 18th June 2018
All deliverables should be submitted typed in English language. Upon the receipt of the deliverable draft document, GLIHD commits to review the document and be approved on time.
A detailed time plan should be agreed upon before signing an agreement.
Submission of application
Interested consultants/consultancy firms are requested to submit their applications including a letter of expression of interest, technical and financial proposals from individuals or firms with the relevant experience and qualifications.
Applicants are requested to submit their application package in two hard copies in sealed envelopes; two for technical proposal and two for financial proposal. Also, the two envelopes per each proposal (technical and financial) shall be put together in one envelope which will be sent to GLIHD’s following Physical Address: Nyarugenge, KN 123 ST 122, Circle Sportif-Nyamirambo Road. The application letter is addressed to the Executive Director. Note that, electronic application will not be accepted.
Deadline for submission
The deadline for application is set on 7h June 2018 at 5:00pm
Kigali on 25th May 2018